Thursday 29 October 2015

6DM016: Week 3 (27th october- 2nd November): Ambitions goals for the future

For last week's task our homework was to mind map our goals and sketch our ambitions with imagery and written description to form a showreel that talks about us as students and show our determinations for the futures we want to create.

The list in question include:

Task: Sketchbook ambition: Use a mind map with images if you prefer.

  1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?  (Shorts Bafta winner? Pixar concept artist? VFX co-ordinator?) Try and be specific, if you know what company you want to work for, or the name of your own company include them in your statement/drawing.
  2. Make a list of your personal strengths and weaknesses with regard to the industry.
  3. Does your showreel reflect your ambition?
  4. Name 5 steps you need to take in order to reach your goal
  5. Put a rough date next to each goal
1. In the next five years, I would like to see myself working for an animation studio as a concept artist or a character developer. Creating and publishing new ideas across to small studios.
2. Strengths:
  • communication skills 
  • always ready to work with other people
  • easy to adapt drawing skills and improve
  • presentation skills
  • determined to achieve
  • independent to take on multiple problems and work at my own pace.
  • confident in what I can produce but always open to others suggestions for improvements 
weaknesses:
  • time management
  •  being able to keep on track with production work
3.  showreel:
I reluctantly happy with what I've produced and I feel that it shows my determination to work at different standards and being able to take different approach and techniques to produce animation pieces. It also shows my skill sets to the viewers to show that I am able to work in different mediums.

4. 5 Goals
  • study more on character developing and look into different forms of art and inspiration to improve my skills.
  • Always find time to draw of anything to not stray off the path.
  • be open to more opinions to captivate better stories to fit the criteria.
  • continue in building my knowledge of animation especially from books as the main source
  • keep developing and learning character development to get better visuals in final project and future film projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment