Wednesday 13 May 2015

5DM034: (Week 11) 29th april 2015: blending shapes in maya

For this technique was the basis of learning how to blend the muscles of rig shapes especially on the facial features.

below shows the sheet we used for this technique

To get the results below the simple method of doing this was selecting the vertex control on the face, then Ctrl D to copy the face which is then placed by the original face. After that, I selected the copied then chose to use the soft tool on the left side of the screen in the Move tool setting to easily manipulate the face. Once the copied face is shaped I finally go onto blend shape, hold shift and select the original face then the copied shape then I go to edit int he blend shape menu and select 'create BlendShape. Once done the original head should change to the emotion I set out onto the copied shape from using the scroll down/up tool in the small menu I created for this particular emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment