Saturday 12 March 2016

6AD001: week 2-6: (9th feb-11th march)

As part of building up a portfolio, our first goal was to research potential industry roles we would look as this module progresses and what we would choose as a career pat.
The first step I took was to continue researching what sort of role I would enjoy doing after graduation and sending applications across.

For this, I started to look at common websites that would advertise different job roles within animation or other media industries. The first site was called  http://creativeskillset.org/

From looking at this site I started to look through the catergory of animation and see what sort of jobs I would consider as a career path to tell in my portfolio.
My first initial choices included:
  • Digital painter
  • Storyboard artist
  • layout artist
  • concept artist
  • Runner (providing support through the animation and editing processes whenever possible
As I looked into each job, their was a decent amount of information about what is requirement in terms of skill set and attitude towards their initial set projects. But to make sure I really wanted to be either a storyboard artist or digital painter I would need to research the role more within different websites, job sites and people who have conducted this sort of practice in their career path.

I would also need to start advertising my work out into the world to gain new followers and eventually get into contact with different people that would already be a freelance animator or working for certain industries aswell as updating my vimeo account with updated showreel aswell as posting videos of my final film at university to showcase what I made in the past and then what I improved in the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment