Sunday 13 March 2016

6DM022, 6DM012: week 18 (7th-14th March 2016)

Updated workflow and wall schedule aswell as updated keyframing notes on storyboard for initial thoughts on where the scenes will be produced in terms of how each one plays out within the creation stage and editing stag when playing around with the camera setup. What I also did within the schedule is plan ahead on what I am expected to do in the coming weeks as the animation progresses.




What I also started doing over the course of the week is start producing music but as I was sort of time aswell as working with another student Andrew Taylor with his music and vice versa, we decided to import what we have into our animation and get some opinions on it on the 14th March. Our next plan on this as we get better at using the IMac's Garageband program is make sure we continue with this process and make sure we don't overcomplicate ourselves with the music and make decent tracks that match our films.
Below shows my full keyframed animatic with a rough soundtrack. This video also shows the last sequences to the story and shows it is ready for creating the in-betweens aswell as adding colour and better background with incorporated sound effects.


The prey keyframed aniamtic with rough soundtrack from matthew danks on Vimeo.

What also happened this week in relates to 6DM022: major project is that we have to start making plans for our final evaluation towards the project itself aswell as a reflection the course as a whole through the past three years. This would have showcase key events that have made an impact in our education whilst at university aswell as the full run down process of the final film itself and talking about how we felt whilst making it and how it would have changed.

Below shows the full rough plan of the report but this could be changed over time as I create the actual report through next two months.


My experience as an animation student (might need changing)


Content

·         Illustrative Images of my previous learning productions including screenshots of my final project of innovative animation; character development and creative composition aswell as screenshots of the final look of the final film, ‘The Prey’ and also a recent animation production from the professional project module.

·         Introduction into what this report will discuss and conclude through my experience at the University of Wolverhampton.

·         The evaluation of the final film

·         Reflection on the overall experience.

·         Conclusion on what I expected to gain in future from the overall experience.

Main Section:

Evaluation

This section will discuss several topics of thought process into the final idea of the film aswell as stages they undertaken to gain the final result I want as I approach the end of this course.

The thought process will include what inspired me to go with the idea of using a horror genre for an animation short; why this particular one was undertaken in terms of using certain themes from the genre including the use of famous creatures and the tone in the production; and how this selection helped extend my profession as an animator aswell as an artist in terms of looking to how the film would look and sound to truly feel like a horror short.

The stages section will discuss the process I went through to create the result I ultimately want for the module including a how I created the concept for short and how it was changed over time with help of feedback to improve the narrative structure, playing a better angle for the twist I wanted the story to go aswell as the research I conducted to get the right look and feel I want.

The pre-production stage which includes the discussion of creating storyboard, character developing from initial sketches to character sheets, animatic, using a placeholder soundtrack in the animatic, concept art that broadens the final look for characters and scenes and colour script to help what short of common palette colours  I would use in each scene aswell as how they all improved over time with the help of feedback and discussions with fellow students and lecturers.

The production stage where the main animation process was undertaken which included the plan of how each scene would be produced in the right direction to run smoothly, last minute improvements on the story before conducting the keyframing for each action which helps show what needs changing in terms of pacing, timing and character movements from pose to pose since the film has no spoken dialogue and also sound production linking all back to the initial research

The post-production would include the discussion of the editing within the initial changes of cutting and adding extra setups to animation from title sequence and credits to music and camera to make the scenes more dynamic and fluid especially with the help of music/sound effects, aswell as promotion to how I would sell it out on the market.

A little side note as I am discussing the production stages, I will also the mention how I made sure to evidence that I was making this film through behind the scenes photos, referencing back the blog, keeping a production schedule that would constantly change and also the software I was using for each production stage.

Also whilst talking about the use of the twist is to mention how I wanted to create my own way of telling a horror story instead of sliding away into the usual tropes horror would normally undertake such as the monster gets the victim eventually.

Reflection

This section will discuss the overall experience of how I felt making this final aswell as reflecting on what I have gained throughout the past three years at Wolverhampton University.

This section would discuss key moments that have a better vision of how I would take animation to the next stage when going out into the world. This can be from how certain skills have been improved as time went on, learning more advanced techniques and software to create different and dynamic outcomes in animation, working towards certain goals of client briefs and also working in a team. These relevant descriptions of key points can help evolve my experience after university even making an impact on what sort of choices I would make as a career path. Also, these points will be chronologically descriptive through my 3 years at university to show when I made these improvements as an animator and how learned knowledge of a previous years helped influence my workflow and advanced skills in the following year. I will reflect what I would have changed in the outcomes of key modules that I would have got the best out of.

Conclusion

In the last paragraph it will discuss what I want overall throughout the experience and how this can influence my career path in the future aswell as discuss how this sort of workflow can generate my own way of making films from the given description of my final film at university to show reflection on how this can be better and what mistakes that need to be avoided to know what to expect in creating a good film.

No comments:

Post a Comment