Sunday 1 March 2015

practice on drawing poses

Decided to practice my skills in poses and movement drawings. This would help give me a good perception on figure drawing and better myself from feedback given to me by my tutors. The main techniques I've used include the line of action to get the position of the pose right before taking on the next method of using simple geometric shapes to fill the form and get a sense of what the poses are.

To help with these sketches, I've taken on referencing key poses from the music video, Chandelier done by the singer/artist Sia as I felt this type of dancing from the young performer Maddie zieglier had more dynamic gestures and movements. This would be from the leg work to form the dancing, the positioning of the arms and how the body bends to produce different poses.
Here is the link of the video from YouTube where I got the pose references: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM 









No comments:

Post a Comment